Saturday, October 31, 2009

Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

So I'm curious what other people's opinions are...



Would you rather have around an $100,000 debt from USC, that's after scholarships and grants and whatnot vs. $0 in debt from a University of California School that isn't Berkeley or UCLA. I'm applying to college soon and have a pretty good chance at getting into USC but it's ridiculously expensive. I'm not very confident on my chances at UCB and UCLA, as they're amazingly hard to get into nowadays. UCI, UCSD, UCSB are more in my range. Basically, I'm curious if you would take the prestigious USC w/ crazy debt vs. the debtless UC path.



Also, please elaborate..thank you. :]



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

I would avoid the debt, but if I felt that the prestige of USC was important to me, I would go ahead. But, I would do my best to pay back the debt asap.



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

I'd rather have no debt. Think of all the money that you could save for retirement!



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

College is overrated. If you want to go to a big name school go ahead. I would avoid it for the same reason.



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

lots of people go to local universities that are fairly inexpensive and do well after they graduate. it depends on how you apply yourself. what is your major%26gt;%26gt;???? it would be nice once your out of school to not have to worry about 100,000 in debt. i would go the cheaper route.



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

Forget the %26quot;prestige%26quot; part of your degree and these insanely-stupid expensive degrees. It will be your grades and how you will sell yourself. Take the scholarship and work your butt off, work hard so you can get fantastic letters of recommendation for when you graduate. You didn't say what programme you were going into. Even if its law or medical..take the free ride. Take it from me. I just finished a professional degree and I'm over 100K in debt and i got a good job now and a good plan to pay it off, but if i had the choice to have a scholarship like you..I'd take it. I was meant to answer this question.



TAKE THE SCHOLARSHIP BABE...AND STUDY HARD. IN 4-6 YEARS YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID. GOOD LUCK!!!



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

I would choose UCI, UCSD, or UCSB anyway! Those are great schools and nothing to sneeze at. Trust me, $0 debt after college will be awesome. Plus, USC is in a terrible neighborhood. My mom went there for law school and she is still paying back her student loans and she graduated 17 years ago! UCLA is a good school too, it's less expensive then USC and in a beautiful neighborhood. I would still definitely pick UCI, UCSD, or UCSB though. I'm going to school online myself. Good luck to you!



Would you rather have.. (student loan question)?

It really depends on wat ur major is and wheather or not or planning on graduate school. If ur planning on goin to grad school then doin ur undergrad at a UC would be fine. But if ur not, USC is a very good school to go to cuz pretty much they take care of you when u graduate its not just a university but more like a brotherhood so u could network. In short USC should be the last university u attend. Currently im a pharmacy student at USC and did my undergrad at uci.

No comments:

Post a Comment